Document Storage Boxes
Boxes 1-13 Letters to my parents from their relations and friends.
Boxes 14-20 Hillbrow School (see also item 10 under ‘Summary of other papers’ below)
Boxes 21-25 My father’s papers
Boxes 26-34 My mother’s papers
Boxes 35-41 Letters to me (I’ve managed to gather together a considerable number of my own letters, mainly to my parents. See Boxes 5 to 8 of the F. Clark-Lowes collection for letter up to 1975. Letters after that are in the embargoed boxes.)
Boxes 42-50 Maps
Boxes 51-52 Booklets, pamphlets and magazines
Box 53 Documents related to Aline Ellis (Great Aunt Aline), potter and artist
Box 54 The Alan Wharris Papers, re his career in the Palestine Police etc.
Boxes 55-56 College work at South West Herts CFE and Music Theory Classes
Box 56 College work at Birmingham College of Commerce
Box 57 Old Salopian magazines
Box 58-62 Family photographs (not my own)
Box 63 Family history documents
Summary of other papers not duplicated in the F Clark-Lowes collection at Mass Observation.
1. Plastic Box 1: Walk to Cairo papers
2. Plastic Box 2: Photographs and stamp albums
3. Plastic Box 3: Photographs
4. Plastic Box 4: Walk John O’Groats to Lands End papers
5. Wilhelm Stekel papers
6. Railway memorabilia; many magazine back-numbers from 50s to 70s.
7. My mother’s and great aunt’s artwork, plus some from friends.
10. A set of Hillbrow School photographs 1875 to 1961.
The future of most of my home archive is undecided. Warwickshire Country Record Office have agreed to take the Hillbrow material before or following my death. Arrangements still need to be made about the other documents.